CALLING OUT TO ALL FIERCE ALUMNI!
Are you a former active member of FIERCE? Are you a graduate of the Education for Liberation Project (ELP) who has gone on to work at other social justice organizations? Are you one of founding members of FIERCE living in another city now?
Does this description fit you? Read on! Do you know someone who fits this description? Pass it on! Please pass over our networks, we really want to find our alumni!!
What is the Alumni Network?
- The network is our way of keeping you up-to-date on FIERCE and our events and more importantly its a way to help find you ways to stay involved with FIERCE even after aging out!
- By joining the network you’ll be plugged into FIERCE once again and presented with opportunities to re-engage with FIERCE and support the work of the next generation of LGBTQ youth of color organizers!
Take the alumni survey!
- The survey is super important because it allows us to assess the impact that FIERCE has had on young people throughout the years. Its a way of affirming and re-evaluating the work that we’ve been doing and will do. We want to know what our alumni are up to and hear your feedback.
- Click on Survey to catch us up on what you've been up to! Once there you can opt to join the network.
Top 5 Reasons to take the survey and joining the network
- Since its development in the early 2000’s we’ve graduated 250 youth from our ELP programming!
- Last year FIERCE hosted our first LGBTQ youth specific programming on the pier with the screening of “Paris is Burning” and the Global Warming Ball
- This year, 2010, we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we want you there! (All the more reason to send us your information.)
- Last year FIERCE launched our National Program and this year at the 2010 Creating Change conference we are hosted the first ever LGBTQ youth of color organizing summit and participated on the youth of color organizing panel moderated by Kai Wright!
- This year our programs are expanding! We are offering advance level internships, we have wellness programming, and we are working on Fenced out sequel!
If you have any questions about the FIERCE alumni survey, or any other questions about getting involved with us again, please contact Krystal Portalatin.